Michelangelo & the Creation of the Sistine Chapel

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,History & Criticism

Michelangelo & the Creation of the Sistine Chapel Details

A comprehensive study of Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel creations describes its recent restoration, features a double gatefold that illustrates the entire ceiling, and includes a history of the artist and the chapel.

Reviews

I visited the Sistine chapel on a recent trip to Rome. It is absolutely breathtaking! And it is so much more then the one chapel. I resisted the urge to buy this book for almost 30.00 (euros) there because I hoped I could find it here at a fraction of the cost. This is a wonderful book with a middle insert that pulls out to show the ceiling in its enterity after the restoration was done. Beautiful colors that reflect the gray frescos that michalengo did. I learned while I was there that he lost 80% of his sight doing these as the plaster would fall into his eyes, this is long before osha......

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel